This year’s Winter Formal will be held on Saturday, February 10th at 7:00 PM. The Formal will be at The Patrician Banquet Hall at 410 US-30, Schererville, IN 46375. Andrean Administrators and Chaperones will be present at the dance to oversee compliance with the dress code, to supervise the dance, and to support our students and their guests in celebration of the Winter Formal.
Andrean’s Dance Dress Code is included below.
Dance Dress Code
In order to maintain a healthy, safe, and Christian environment, the following guidelines shall be used and enforced as standards at Andrean High School dances.
- Semi-formal attire must be worn (dresses, dress pants, dress shirt, tie, suit,). Jeans will not be permitted.
- Large coats will not be permitted.
- Safe/appropriate footwear must be worn at all times.
- Proper and school appropriate grooming is expected.
- Undergarments must not be showing.
- Appropriate length skirts and dresses may be worn. These garments must be mid-thigh length or longer.
- No midriff can show (even when arms are raised). Two-piece dresses must overlap.
- Mesh/see-through inserts in the midriff are not allowed.
- Young ladies be mindful of a modest neckline.
- Back of dress must not be too low-cut or revealing. Back of dress should not go below natural waist. Corsets must be laced closed or adhere to open back rule.
- Boys’ shirts must be buttoned up (and remain buttoned up) to at least the second button from the collar.
- Shirts must stay on throughout the entire dance.
- Pants should fit properly on the hip and not sag below the waistline.
Students who are inappropriately dressed and do not follow the listed standards shall be denied entry or removed as determined by adult chaperones. Students that are denied entry may have the opportunity to leave and remedy the situation and return to the dance once appropriately dressed. If the student dresses inappropriately and/or chooses not to return, refunds will not be given.