This Week’s Announcement
March 12th Updates from Dr. Bonta
Dear Andrean Family,
Happy Sunday and a Blessed Second Sunday of Lent to everyone! I hope this email finds everyone well! Below please find a few points of information:
1. Inclement Weather (Monday and Tuesday): In case of inclement weather tomorrow morning, Monday, March 13th, please know that a decision will be made by 5:30am by the Andrean Administration for a late start or a cancellation of school, if necessary.
2. Meet a Niner Night and College Fair: I am grateful to all students, staff, faculty, parents and visitors who came to Andrean last Thursday, March 9, 2017. I am especially grateful to the members of the Student Panel who gave testimony to the visiting parents/guardians and accepted, prospective students – the Class of 2021!! It was exciting to see so many students present at the College Fair as well – a very important service we wish to offer the Andrean Community.
3. Financial Aid for 2017-2018: Please check our Andrean website for information on financial aid for the 2017-2018 school year; for the links to the FACTS service, which is our new tuition assistance provider, and the website for Diocesan Financial Aid – the link for Diocesan Aid will be available until March 20th! All Andrean families, new and returning, are encouraged to apply. (Diocesan Financial Aid is only available for Catholic families who are active members of a Catholic Parish.) Other forms of Financial Aid are available. Please contact Mr. Tom Mesich, Director of Finance, or Mrs. Hether Lytton, Assistant Principal, or Dr. Tony Bonta if you have any questions.
4. Parent/Guardian-Teacher Conference: All Andrean Families are encouraged to attend the Parent/Guardian-Teacher Conference on Thursday evening, March 23rd. During that evening, I will facilitate two informative sessions on a number of topics (e.g. Tuition increase to $8,800, Registration and Andrean Fees, Re-institution of Family Service Hours, Upcoming events for the remainder of the Spring Semester 2017, Summer 2017, updates for the 2017-2018 school year, and updates for Andrean’s exciting future on our level and the Diocesan level, etc.). The two sessions will be offered at different times on Thursday evening to accommodate the Parent/Guardian-Teacher Conference.
5. Parent/Guardian and Alumni Involvement: We are looking for parents/guardians and Alumni who would like to get more involved in Andrean in a variety of ways (e.g. Committee work with Catholic Identity; Marketing and Promotion of Andrean for Enrollment of future families/students, and empowerment of our current students and recent alums, Development initiatives, hosting Andrean events on campus and around the local area and other parts of the country, Athletic events, etc.)
6. My appointment as Principal of Andrean by Bishop Hying: I would like to express my gratitude to Bishop Hying who has reassigned me full-time to Andrean High School as of May 1, 2017. At that time, my duties as Chief of Staff will officially come to an end, and I will be at Andrean full-time as Principal. I am honored and humbled to serve and walk with the Andrean Community/Family. Please keep me in your prayers for my leadership, and for the bold, exciting future of Andrean. I look forward to seeing you on March 23rd!
In the meantime, please take care and as always, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, thoughts, hopes, etc. Take care and rest assured of my prayers for all of you in this beautiful liturgical season of Lent.
Dr. Tony Bonta
Andrean Tuition Assistance Announcement: February 16, 2017
Dear Andrean Parent/Guardian:
We would like to announce that the link for all tuition assistance applications for the 2017-18 schoolyear is now available on the Andrean website.
Our application provider has changed. Private School Aid Service (PSAS) has been acquired by FACTS Management. FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment will be conducting the financial need analysis for Andrean High School for the upcoming 2017-2018 school year.
You can access the FACTS system at https://online.factsmgt.com
- Log into the FACTS system to create your username and password
- On the blue navigation bar at the top of your screen on the FACTS page, hover over Grant & Aid and select Term Setup.
- Select Form Preview from the links menu on the left side of your screen to start the application process.
- Once you have entered all required information, you will be guided on how to pay the application fee of $27.00 in order to submit your information. This fee is the same amount that PSAS charged previously.Andrean will be hosting a Financial Aid Night on March 9, 2017 at 6:00 PM in the Library for any family that might have questions.
Once an online application has been completed, the following information will need to be sent to FACTS to complete the application process:
Copies of your most recent Federal tax forms including all supporting tax schedules.
Copies of your most recent W-2 forms for both you and your spouse (if applicable).
Copies of supporting documentation for Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers’ Compensation, and TANF.
All supporting documentation can be uploaded in pdf format online.
Documentation can also be faxed to 866-315-9264 or mailed to the address below. Please be sure to include the applicant ID on all faxed or mailed correspondence.
FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment
P.O. Box 82524
Lincoln, NE 68501-2524
If you have questions or concerns about the application process, you may speak with a FACTS Customer Care Representative at 866-441-4637.
Families applying for financial aid will need to complete an online application by March 20, 2017.
Dr. Tony Bonta, Principal Pro Tem